Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gifts

Mother's day is today and people are looking around everywhere for the perfect gift to their mothers. Whether it is a mother's day gift, birthday or Christmas it requires lots of difficult decision making. I know I struggle every time I have to go out to buy gifts for other people and it takes me a long time. I remember on some birthdays I just gave cash/gift cards because I had no idea what to get. To some people, I just committed a crime. I know people who go as far as saying that cash is the worst gift one can receive and have no though or feeling to the gift. It's better than receiving a coal from Santa Clause but I guess cash is almost as bad. But then what is a good gift? Am I suppose to buy the most expensive thing in the mall? Some people will argue that the gift's expensiveness does not determine how good the gift will be. However, brides receives a diamond ring on their wedding. If I'm correct diamond rings is one of the most expensive things in the mall. Although diamonds rings are expensive, it is the meaning behind the ring that makes it one of the best gifts to give to people. So should all gifts be something expensive and meaningful like a wedding ring? I think the key point in deciding the gift for anyone for any holiday is to think of the person one have to give the gift to. Whether the person is the person's mother, parent or friend it is always wise to think of what that person likes and find something that they will enjoy or love. I believe meaning is important than money. One can spend a couple dollars to make a perfect gift, if they thought through well. People always love handmade objects. I can never craft anything with my hands so I tend to buy a gift that I know will make them laugh for find some interest in. I am still learning the art of finding the right gift to people but I am proud to say that I no longer give cash to anyone I know as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment