Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homemade food

Many people love the homemade foods their parents or grandparents make for them. They tend to perfer the homemade food than the ones from the restaurants. Everyone have their special homemade food, my favorite homade food is the soup of broccoli my grandparents make me. There are many reasons why I prefer homemade than anythning else. I love my soup of broccoli because it is part of me and my memory. I remember as a child, I would always have the soup at least once everytime I visited my grandparnts. Seeing their smiles while I drink the soup of broccoli makes me happy and I am sure they enjoy seeing my smile as well. Also my grandparents' homemade soup's taste is always the same and never changes as long as it is made by them. I can tell that the soup is filled with love and my grandparents always ask if I would like another cup after I finish mine. Another thing about homemade food is that it can bring a family together. I always enjoy helping my grandparents make the soup and eating together the soup we made. While eating, my grandparents tell me of how they learned to make the soup from their parents and how they helped out just like how I did. I am always interested in hearing their story and it makes me appreciative of the history of our homemade soup. Not to mention, the soup is very healthy. Someday I would need to learn to make the soup on my own to keep the family tradition. What is surprising is that even if it is not homemade soup of broccoli, whenever I drink one, it always reminds me of my grandparents' soup. It is not the same taste as my grandparents' soup but the memories still come back and makes my meal exciting. I would not care if there is a soup of broccoli that is the best in the world, for me my grandparents soup will always be number one. No other soup in the world has the memories and love like my grandparents' soup.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post. But it’s so true how you can never neglect a home-cooked meal made by your parents. I personally miss my mom’s home cooking whenever I’m in Long Beach. The simple satisfaction of a carefully prepared meal can never compare to fast food restaurants. The best part about home-cooked meals is the fact that you get a taste of your parents’ origins and they can pass on the recipe from generation to generation. Wherever I maybe, the thought of a simple meal will always remind me of my mom’s delicious interpretations. Someday I plan to carry on my mom’s knowledge and make an influence in my child’s life.

    -Stephanie Sangalang-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of how I prefer eating at home rather then fast food. That is just I; I constantly get tired of eating the same junk everyday. Homemade food is better, it is healthier and you just cannot get enough. At home you do not know what to expect, it could be something you have never tired before. But at a fast food place, what hamburger has a different taste? They all taste the same, you always know what to expect, over and over again. How many fast food restaurants are there? Homemade food is just not beatable.

    ReplyDelete